24 July 2011

The Curvy Carrot » Four Cheese White Pizza (and a Blog Anniversary!)

The Curvy Carrot » Four Cheese White Pizza (and a Blog Anniversary!)

So, now, let’s talk about this pizza. I have made pizza dough before, but this particular pizza dough recipe is my favorite so far, thanks to Annie. I followed both her tutorial (please visit her website for detailed instructions and photos) and recipe to a tee, and I couldn’t have been happier. Now I have pizza dough (it reminds me of Pizza Hut’s Pan Pizza) in my freezer, waiting to be thawed and made into some great weeknight pizzas over the coming weeks…and seriously, what offers more creative liberty than making your own pizza? And what makes better leftovers than pizza?

I have always been a fan of white pizzas, and with all these great options for cheeses out here, I knew I couldn’t go wrong with a four cheese pizza..with my favorite herb: basil. The cheese choices could be easily substituted with your own favorites, but I personally loved the combination of both the softer ricotta and goat cheeses with the mozzarella and Parmesans. I put a little red pepper flakes on mine and sprinkled a teensy bit of flaked sea salt on top. SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment